Background

Sunday 26 April 2015

First challenge in a while

I wandered over to UKScrappers for the first time in an awfully long time on the weekend and looked at the weekly challenge. I liked it so much that I decided to have a go at it...twice!

The challenge set was to:

  1. scrap a photo of yourself, 
  2. to use paper that you had been holding onto for a long time,
  3. to have an interactive element on your page.




The first page I came up with is this LO of me posing on the Great Wall of China. This paper has been in my "too good to use" stack for a very long time now but I have started to realise that I have consigned most of my paper to this pile and am fast running out of reserves in the "ok you can use this because I don't love it" pile! Maybe that is why this challenge spoke volumes to me. The interactive element on the page is the date circle and compass which can be turned around and the travel tag can be pulled out to reveal the date and section of the wall that we walked.









My second shot at the challenge is a LO of our vows on our wedding day. I love the structured look of this LO as I have somewhat abandoned this style for more eclectic, messy and random LO's over the last few years however I would say that this LO is true to the style of scrapping from when I originally started, complete down to the interactive element of having the journalling (in this case our written vows) underneath the photos. I'm not sure if I was 100% true to the challenge of scrap a photo of yourself as there are more people than just me in the photo but none the less, the challenge inspired me to make another LO for my wedding album which I now love.

The "paper" is actually a printed transparency that I mounted on metallic black card stock. It is hard to see in the photo but it actually adds a really nice shimmer behind the transparency.

So that is it...1 challenge...2 interpretations and a slightly smaller "too good to use" paper pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment